Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Radha's Fit Mutli Grain Roti:

These whole some (tortillas, rotis) are a great way for me to manage my weight and ensure that I have consumed enough fiber for the day. I like to make these fresh and I love the piping hot rotis. I make a bean burrito, or simply stuff mesclun / boiled veggies. I make sure I eat atleast 3 rotis a day, preferably during lunch time. It fills me up and I don't feel drowsy at all. The taste is remarkable and I have a great feeling of positive energy flowing through my body.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Multi Grain Roti Powder
1/2 Cup Cold Water
Salt (Optional)
Oil, 1 tsp (optional)

Method
Sieve the flour to make sure it's well mixed and there are no lumps.
Add very cold Water (a tsp at a time as required), Salt, and Oil.
Once you have a firm dough, knead it for five more minutes.
It's a great idea to wrap the dough in plastic and let sit for 10 minutes.
Alternately, oil the dough ball, and put a moist towel on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
Dust a clean surface with dry flour.
Knead the rested flour once more and divide into four balls.
Knead each ball and dust with dry flour to prevent sticking.
Roll out the ball with a rolling pin to make thick or thin discs as you like.
On a heated pan, toss the roti and quickly flip to the other side.
With a flat spoon, press the roti until it puffs up. Press at the corners.
Flip on the other side.
If you have gas flame, you can put the half done roti on direct flame till it puffs up.
Remove to a clean plate.
Dab with Walnut oil or ghee.
Serve hot with curry or stuffing to make you favorite tortilla / rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment